The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. King’s was inspected by the ISI in 2013 and we are delighted that all three parts of School were rated “good” or “excellent” in every area.
Please see below for a summary of the findings. The full report on our Preparatory school can downloaded from the Downloads section on this page.
- “Pupils progress well and achieve good and sometimes excellent standards”
- “The quality of teaching in the Prep is good with a number of examples of excellence”.
- Pupils “listen exceptionally well, respecting views of others and they read enthusiastically, reaching extremely high standards”.
- “Pupils solve mathematical problems with fluency and accuracy and apply their knowledge and understanding of number across other subjects with alacrity”.
- “Pupils’ personal, social and spiritual development are excellent”.
- “From the youngest to the oldest …. pupils exude confidence and happiness because of the excellent provision the school makes to promote their personal development”.
- “Pupils, including boarders, are strongly self-aware and confident. They speak with considerable maturity for their ages”.
- “Pastoral care is excellent”.
- “The quality of leadership and management are good and….the strengths in leadership are reflected in the high quality of the pupils’ achievements and progress and their outstanding personal development”.
- The school’s links with parents, families and guardians is excellent”.