In the first three years of the Preparatory School (8+ 9+ 10+) all pupils study:
- Art, Computing, Drama, English, General Science, Geography, German, History, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education/Games, PSHEE and Religious Studies.
- French is introduced in Year 5
- Design and Technology are introduced in Year 6.
- Latin is introduced to the Top Stream At 11+ in Year 7
- Spanish is an optional language.
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics are taught as separate disciplines AT Year
- Music plays a very important role in the life of the Preparatory School and all pupils attend weekly class lessons. Individual instrumental lessons are available on most major orchestral instruments, as well as Piano, Organ and Singing. There is an Orchestra, Wind Band, Brass Ensemble, Rock Band, String Orchestra and Choir, all of which perform regularly. The boy and girl Cathedral Choristers have a high profile in the music department.
- PE and Games are also taught by specialist teachers. Sport includes Athletics, Cricket, Fencing, Hockey, Netball, Rugby, Swimming and Tennis. The wide range of sports available means that many pupils regularly represent the School in competitive fixtures.