In our Boarding Houses we aim to:
- Develop the whole person, communicate Christian values and instil a desire for truth and respect for others.
- Nurture an open and trusting ethos in which each boarder feels able to approach any member of the school community (staff or pupil), confident in the knowledge that he or she, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender or disability, will be treated fairly, be respected as an individual and remain free from intimidation, bullying or rejection.
- Provide the conditions for boarders to develop their intellectual talents through well structured prep.
- Conditions, through access to staff and other pupils, through participation in diverse activities and in all an atmosphere which values effort.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of each boarder, by providing an environment that is, as far as possible, free from physical hazards and dangers.
- Provide boarding accommodation that is comfortable and suited to the needs of pupils, according to age and maturity and which also provides adequate levels of support, supervision and privacy and which will encourage the boarder to grow both socially and emotionally.
- Develop boarders’ skills in leadership and ability to work as a team member so that boarders live cooperatively with others and see their own needs within the context of the needs of the boarding community.
- Provide a caring ethos in which boarders will feel able to turn to members of House staff to share the good things in their lives, as well as seeking advice, counsel and support during times of difficulty.