The boys' boarding house, School House, was built around 1870 for the then “Headmaster and his Boarders”. School House has recently undergone major refurbishment and now provides comfortable accommodation in single and double rooms for our 43 boy boarders . As well as site-wide wifi, there are internet points in all bedrooms. Two common rooms provide great spaces for socialising, playing games and watching films and TV and well-equipped kitchens are on hand for making snacks and hot drinks. School House also has its own dining room and computer room. In the grounds of the House there is a tennis court for the boarders’ use.
The girls' boarding house, St. Margaret’s House, dates back to Tudor times. It too has recently undergone total refurbishment and pupils are accommodated mainly in double or single rooms . All Sixth Form study-bedrooms in St Margaret's House are en-suite and most Fifth Form rooms also have private facilities. There are ample modern bath and shower rooms on each floor for younger pupils. St Margaret's dining room is also adjacent to the House.
Each House is run by the resident Housemistress (HsM) and tutors, at least one of whom is also resident. There is a full time House Parent and a domestic team consisting of laundry assistants and housekeepers. Food is freshly-prepared on site by the School Caterers and there is a varied and well-balanced menu which caters for all dietary needs.